If you’re a blogger and you are trying to figure out how to incorporate Pinterest into your blog post promotion routine then you’ll want to read this article. Pinterest is a wonderfully creative visual display of many users pinboards and pins. Pinboards are a lot like “vision boards” that people make to help them go after what they want.
But it’s more than that, users of Pinterest use it to clearly paint a picture of what they want, what they did, where they’re going, where they’ve been and everything in between. It’s amazing how creative Pinterest users are!
Pinterest is essentially a photo sharing website that enables the users to create themes around each Pinboard. What’s more, each pin can link to any website they desire, which can be an affiliate link, or simply link back to their website or blog or to another site all together. It’s up to you how you use it.
So, right away you get an idea of how you, as a blogger, can use this dynamic social media tool to your advantage.
- Share Your Blog — Simply create a blog post with an image, or a vlog, and pin it on Pinterest. If you’re a photographer, cook, or just a blogger talking about your niche you can create pinboards that showcase particular themes.
- Create Backlinks — Due to the fact that when you share a blog post, it links back to the site it came from you’re creating backlinks.
- Promote Products — Edit the link to go straight to your affiliate product’s sales page.
- Promote Yourself — Looking for a job? Have a services business? Build Websites? Why not create pinboards showing visuals of what you can do including pinning your resume?
- Build Relationships — Share the wealth by pinning other people’s blogs, websites, and products too by commenting on their pins and repinning for them.
- Get Ideas for Blog Posts — Just like you get ideas from forums, message boards, Google searches, Facebook, and Twitter you can also get ideas to fill your blog with interesting posts by looking up a relevant keyword on Pinterest and looking at other peoples pins.
No matter how you look at it, Pinterest is an amazing tool that you can use to build your brand, create a larger following, and boost your creativity. If you want to learn more about what Pinterest can do for your business grab one of our excellent guides.